Thursday, October 15, 2009

Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup

One of my favorite ways to eat all the fabulous fall vegetables is to roast them. Today, I stood in my kitchen looking at some veggies & wondered what I should do w/ them. My kids love soup so I thought I'd throw together a roasted veggie soup. Here is how I did it.

I cut up everything I could find that reminded me of fall. I happened to have a butternut squash, some potatoes and a few small eggplants (shhhh don't tell my husband I threw those in). I tossed them all w/ some olive oil and threw in a few cloves of garlic, sprinkled with salt & pepper and put them in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Just until the edges started to brown & the whole house smelled fabulous.

Then I put them in a big pot w/ 2 cups of stock and used my hand blender to puree until smooth. From there I added more stock until it was the consistency I know the kids like, seasoned with salt & pepper (and a little fresh thyme). The finishing touch is a splash of cream. Ta Da! Yummy soup. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment